We Care Mobile Care LLC (WCMC) is a Delaware-based transportation service. WCMC provides fleets including highly efficient wheelchair vans to Medicare/Medicaid recipients, private transportation services, shuttle services and other custom transport services to various client types throughout the State of Delaware.
Our transport service is available on a contractual or on-demand basis.
The mission of We Care Mobile Care LLC is to provide the customer with reliable, timely, high quality and customer focused transportation services. Our focus is to attract and maintain customers. When we adhere to this principle, everything else will fall into place. Our service goal is to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Transportation brokers and organizations seeking contractual services can contact us at
(302) 244-0899 or email email@example.com
We Care Mobile Care is always looking for qualified drivers and office staff.
Join Our Team
If you are interested in becoming a team member, visit our company profile on Indeed.com to view our current jobs postings and job descriptions. Submit your current resume and our staff will contact you regarding available positions.
We employ competent, caring, individuals whose passion is helping others.
Become a valued part of our team!
Weekly pay, competitive compensation, paid training, incentive pay, direct deposit and positions offering full and part-time hours.
- A current Delaware Driver’s License with a Taxi/Limo Z-Endorsement (or willing to get endorsement)
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Pass Drug Screen
- Pass a Criminal Background check
- No violent charges, substance abuse or sexually abuse
- Maintain a clean Motor Vehicle report
- 3-year history of no more than 3 moving violations or at fault accidents
- No DUI/DWI ever
**This position is ideal for retirees or someone looking to supplement their income**
Dispatch Office Coordinator
Office staff provides excellent customer service while acting on behalf of We Care Mobile Care as a liaison between our transportation brokers, drivers, and passengers to ensure accurate communication and seamless transportation scheduling.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- At least one year of dispatcher experience handling high call volumes preferred
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and courteous phone manner
- Ability to stay focused and calm when receiving communications from distressed callers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to use computer, basic data entry and email communication (MS Outlook)
The Transportation Supervisor provides excellent customer service while supervising the Dispatch Office Coordinator, Driving staff, and ensuring all transportation processes and vehicle maintenance activities are completed and run smoothly.
- Associate Degree; 2 years of supervisory experience; transportation industry preferred or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office; ability to use computer, basic data entry and email communication
- Have 2-years of experience using a web-based system for scheduling or other similar information-driven process
- Possess a valid driver’s license (Z endorsement is a plus) and reliable transportation
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills, both verbal and written. Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Highly proactive, resourceful and solution oriented
- Self-motivated team player who is able to supervise team members
- Accustomed to a fast paced, high-volume environment with deadlines and last-minute requests
- Ability to prioritize requests and duties
- Must have capability to work remotely as needed